- Fit insulation felt to the ceiling
- Install a metal frame with more felt, leaving an air gap
- Fit plain plasterboard to the frame.
- Finish the plasterboard with a skim coat of plaster for a perfect finish.
- Fit a ceiling fan for maximum comfort.
Generally flats in Valencia are not well insulated for noise or for temperature. The solution is to insulate, especially if you are in a top floor. EXTERNAL WALLS - If a room is hit by the sun in the summer, you can reduce the temperature in the room by installing an extra layer of plasterboard with a layer of insulation . This will cost 3 cms of room space. It is even better if you can leave an air gap between the wall and plasterboard. CEILING INSULATION - Good insulation can reduce the temperature in a top floor room by 10%. In a middle floor it will minimize the noise from the neighbours above you. The best and most economical solution is as follows