Peter Miles Heskett has 15 years’ experience of managing property in Valencia. He started managing our own student flats in 2002/2003. In 2005, he project managed our first complete refurbishment. ValenciaShortStay was born and by 2006 we were managing a number of client flats. During the America’s cup and Formula 1 years, we were busy with short stays. Since then, mid and long stays have become more common.
Property management has been the main activity throughout, to keep the properties in good condition, to minimise problems. We encourage preventive maintenance. For example, limescale is a big problem in Valencia. Unless protected, water heaters have a relatively short life, water pipes block up over time, and lack of water pressure is a common problem in older buildings. In 2009 we installed our first HydroFlow (an electronic de-scaler). We now source HydroFlow at trade price and most of our clients have one installed.
We work with a network of local tradesmen and aim to get value for money for our clients. Yellow pages may be convenient. But you can pay 3 times as much as you should, for changing a lock or for fixing an air con unit.
We provide a full range of services, including:-
- Advice on location
- Project management with qualified Architect
- Interior design (Marcela’s speciality - 85 euros for a consultation and outline drawing)
- Technical drawings (out-sourced)
- Project management (10% of initial project value)
- Painting, tiling, plumbing, electrics etc.
- Contracting utilities/ insurance
- Installing WIFI.
- Helping with buying beds, pillows, bed linen & towels.
Monthly charges of between 25 and 45 euros depending on size and age of property . Service includes
- Key holding.
- Pre-visit cleaning / maintenance visits.
- Arrange repair visits for minor repairs, while the client is there to minimize time costs.
- Arranging room painting as required.
- Organize service of air con and water heater.
- Liaise with Building administrator and your insurers as required.
- Instant reports with photos using Whatsapp.
- Mail box checking and other (optional)
- Energy certificate (needed if you want to rent or sell your property)
- Paint jobs to attract buyers